Breast implants

Approximately 80% of implants have been inserted for cosmetic augmentation and the other 20% for reconstruction.

The risk of developing breast cancer is similar to patients with and those without implants.

Stereotactic biopsy is safe in patients with breast implants but biopsy is technically more difficult and may prove to be less accurate.

Anaplastic large cell lymphoma may be associated with breast implants.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *